Tuesday, February 17, 2009

to do list: make homemade baby food

*****Update, I called this morning. They are sending a "retrieval" kit. So I had to dry the bug leg and send it back with the jar. Oh, and they are sending me some coupons. Ha, anyone want some baby food coupons?!

Feeding the girls dinner tonight. Open up a new jar of baby food for Susanna, give it a stir. UUUUMMM, notice something strange in the jar. BUG LEG people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously, if you have any tips. I do make Susanna some baby food, but I will be making all of it going forward! I would be interested to read some other moms homemade baby food experiences! And any tips!

12 comments:

victoria said...

no way!!! that is terrible!

nicolepage said...

OH MY GOODNESS! You should seriously call the baby food people. They would probably give you a year of free baby food--not that you would want to feed it to her!!

Cassidy said...

I tried to call,but they were not open. I will be calling in the morning!!!!! Maybe they would give me some Target gift cards:) Or the supplies to make my own stuff!

Renee Westcott said...

Oh sick. I only have a few containers left in the pantry, we're done with it after that! I guess it really doesn't take that much longer to mash pees from the freezer...and hopefully with significantly fewer bug parts. Ew.

Kari Sanchez said...

I'd call too, update us to what they say! That's discusting!Did you take a picture to prove it?
I had a mini food processor that I'd just throw our food in there that I made and would grind it up or steam some veggies then throw it in there and it's baby mush :) I would also feed Ashlyn real oatmeal and maltomeal every morning.

Donnell Days said...

Yuck, yuck, yuck!!!! Melissa made all of Colton's babyfood if you need any advice. :)

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

This is terrible... who made the food? that is so bad I don't even want to know... I never made my own food... should have now that you said that.

Cassidy said...

It was not Gerber. It is a popular organic brand.

Kari Sanchez said...

Like you want more of THEIR baby food, ha ..yeah thanks guys. That is so bizarre, the whole situation. Glad you kept the little leg lol.

Cassidy said...

I will take a picture and post it:)

Nicci said...

So gross oh man thats just sick!!

victoria said...

was it earth's best?? that is what kg ate when she was a babe.