Thursday, December 13, 2007

Yummy Recipe

My friend Nicole went to a sweet swap and got a yummy holiday recipe. I was lucky because she let me taste one of these delicious treats, thanks Nicole! I can't give all of you one, but I can share this recipe with you. (Leslie, they remind me of the recipe you shared with some of us at Dena's shower) Enjoy!

OREO TRUFFLES
1 bag of Oreo Cookies (1 lb. 2oz)
1 - 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese (softened)
4 squares sweet Bakers chocolate (white or dark) or 2 tubs microwave dipping chocolate ( I tasted it with white chocolate)


Crush oreos in a food processor until crumbly like sand. Blend cream cheese into Oreos. Roll into one inch balls and place onto parchment lined sheet pan. Cool in refrigerator.
Melt chocolate on very low heat in a double broiler or in microwave. Dip cooled balls into melted chocolate and place on parchment paper. Refrigerate until firm. Store balls in an airtight container at room temperature.

2 comments:

Grow with Griffin said...

Yummy!!! They do sound like the cake balls I have made before- those are delish, but I LOVE Oreos, so these sound even better! I hope all is well with you! I can't wait to find out what Baby Landry is!!! You need to tell me your blog's web address... I tried to add you as Landryland and had another random family on my blog for a day! oops :-)

Cassidy said...

http://landryland3.blogspot.com/

Making this was on my list of things to do this week, but I have had other things come up. I was so looking forward to eating them, and sharing a few:)